Friday, April 21, 2006

Swimming

Ok... It's a little embarassing since I am a hunting dog and all.. but its NOT my fault!! I can't swim...!!

I now live along a beach with my new family and they took me down to the river to see if I knew how to swim. I would not set a foot in the water! Until I was going on some rocks and fell in a little! That was almost a heart attack! =P

Anyway, they took me down to the beach with my cousin who lives down the road because the LOVES to swim! She is a Purebred Chocolate Lab named Sassy, but shes a little over weight! =/ My owners decided the other day that everytime they try and take me to the river to try and get me to swim they will take her aswell, that way maybe she will loose some weight and maybe I will go for a swim with her and catch some sticks... I can't see it though, unless they throw some dog treats in! Maybe I'll go in once it get a little warmer out and I'm sweating to death.

Also, I'll put some pics on here of us swimming soon! the camera just won't put the pics on the computer right now for some odd reason... =/

4 Comments:

At 4/21/2006 6:20 PM, Blogger LuvMyPuppers said...

You know, Bosley won't go in the water either....and we live right on the lake. It's been pretty cold here, but maybe, if I throw the frisby in the water he'll jump in. He loves his frisby! Jack...you are one handsome guy! YOu and Bosley are certaintly the studs of the Blogs. Oh wait...how about Stud Puppers...that's it. You almost look like Bosley's brother. He's ticked pretty much like you are. Anyway.. I would love it if you put my link on your site, that was so nice of you to ask...I'll do the same, if you tell me how. :)

 
At 4/22/2006 10:19 AM, Blogger the many Bs said...

bailey swims like a duck. one day when he was a little puppy he just jumped in and started swimming. it's funny how some dogs just take to the water and others prefer dry land

 
At 4/23/2006 4:03 AM, Blogger Ivy said...

hey hey jack! too bad you dont like to swim. i reely love the water and i swim in everything i can. i especially like fast water with the wite stuff on top. it is so much fun! my peepol dont let me go in the river all the time tho.

one time i swimmed in the ocean and drank too much salty water and then i didnt feel so good for a wile.

wen randy wuz at a pond in missus sippy one time he saw a dog who didnt like the water but his peepol were trying to teach him to swim anyway. they took him out in the middle and he wanted to get out so he swam to the shore. randy took a pickture. he thot it wuz pretty funny.

 
At 7/20/2006 3:02 PM, Blogger Motherhen said...

Jack, don't feel too bad. My GSP Puck doesn't like swimming much either. If we throw his toys in, he will walk in, but if it means getting his chest wet he says, "forget it." We're working on him too, maybe some day the two of you will be swimming like ducks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home