Monday, May 22, 2006

Runnin away.... AGAIN!

So the other day I decided I wanted to go on another expedition. It began when I decided to check out behind the garage, as soon as they noticed me going behind the garage they began calling me and said I apeared to disapear into thin air. Everyone was out looking up and down the road, through the woods and everything... For about 1 and a half hours (while my university human was suppose to be watching the 2 hour episode of Americas Next top model, but this took priority) About and hour and a half later they found me VERY far up the road trying to get into someones house! I was right up on their doorstep, they were rude though and did not answer... Anyway, when someone finally found me they noticed I managed to try and attack a pork-u-pine, or the other way around... They took me home and attempted to take out the quils themselves while they tried to get ahold of a vet that would open in case of emergency. I must say, I did behave pretty well while they were trying to take them out! Eventually they were able to get out about 1/2 of thee quils and they opened my mouth to see about 50 more in there! They decided that they could not do that and would have to for sure take me to the vet. They got ahold of a vet and she went in although it was about 12:00 at night! They put me under so I didn't feel a thing and I was also quite high after... My University human almost passed out at the vet and was very sick to her stomac! Silly her and not liking needles and blood! =D I am now feeling well again and I don't hurt at all. =D

7 Comments:

At 6/14/2006 10:34 PM, Blogger Freda said...

Hey Jack,

I've never tried that acupuncture stuff but hear it works wonders. Didn't know you could do it to yourself though. OUCH!!! Bet that hurt! Glad you are better now. Guess it does work.

I too ran away once. One night about 10:30 I told my humans I needed to go out. They let me out the back door and waited for me to pee. Well, I had the trots and wanted to GO somewhere else. So I trotted several blocks to the park, did my thing and was on my way back home when my Dad met me with my lead. He was a little worried that I may have been hit by a car or something.

Well, there were few cars and I knew where I was goin' and how to get home. I've taken my Dad to the park one two one two (a thousand) times.

Actually, Mom and Dad laughed about it. I really did know what I was doin'.

Hope you never meet a pokey pine again.

Woof!

Freda

 
At 6/16/2006 12:04 PM, Blogger Günter said...

It's fun to go exploring without these humans isn't it!!?? I did that as well a couple of times half a year ago or so. My dad thought he had put up a really nice fence that was supposed to keep me inside... Well, he was wrong... So now I have to be on a lead when I'm outside.........

 
At 6/17/2006 6:28 PM, Blogger the many Bs said...

oh Jack, you have to be careful when you're out there all on your own. You can't just be making friend with some critters - like porcupines and skunks are bad news too. Buddy, you have to settle down and get that wanderlust out of your mood. Just lay on the front porch or yard or doorstep, but don't go wandering. It's a big scary world out there. Be careful.

 
At 6/23/2006 9:30 PM, Blogger Ivy said...

dont listen to schnoodlepooh jack! it is fun to go wandering and we dogs were born to do it. you just have to be careful to always know your way back home like freda so you dont have to miss a dinner.

im so sorry you got poked by the pokeypine. i am gonna haf to add that one to my list of bad creatures that are sharp. i avoid cats for the same reezon but it sounds like the pokeypine is worse even than cats.

anyway me and my peepol are all happy that you are feeling better now.

happy wandering!

 
At 6/25/2006 8:10 AM, Blogger Sam I Am said...

Jack~
OUCH!!!Tell me was wandering!Cool
just a wee bit of freedom ,My humans keep a close eye on me ....

 
At 6/29/2006 8:37 PM, Blogger Amstaffie said...

Hey Jack!
I know its fun to go out exploring, but sometimes our humans do know what's best for us. Glad your better!

~Woof!
Storm

 
At 7/05/2006 8:17 AM, Blogger Spirit said...

Wow Jack!! Ouchie. I am glad they got those mean stickers out of you. I hope you feel better quickly. I have tried to wander but my parents have started putting up a fence around the yard so I cant get out so easily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home